Serves: 4 people
Prep Time: 20 minutes, Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Energy: 3030KJ, Protein: 31g, Fat: 25.3g, Sugars: 30.2g
800g sweet potatoe, sliced into half moons
12 brussels sprouts, quartered
2 beetroot, peeled & diced
2 loaves rye bread, cut into 2cm cubes
1 block haloumi, cut into 2cm cubes
2tbs olive oil
4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2tbs red wine vinegar
2 carrot, peeled into ribbons
2 bunches kale, stalks removed & roughly chopped
How to Combine:
1. Preheat the oven to 200/180 degree fan forced. Line two baking trays
2. Add the sweet potato and brussels sprouts with a good glug of oil and season with salt and pepper to one of the prepared trays. Make a foil parcel for the beetroot, coat with some oil, salt & pepper and seal. Place on the same tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
3. Place the rye bread and haloumi on the remaining baking tray, toss with the olive oil and garlic. Add it to the oven for the last 10 minutes or until the haloumi is golden.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk the red wine vinegar, honey and some salt and placce the carrot into the liquid. Coat the carrot and allow it to pickle while the beggies bake.
5. In a big serving bowl, dress the kale with olive oil and salt, then massage the leaves for 1-2 minutes with your fingers. Add the roasted veggies, croutons, haloumi, carrots and the pickling liquid (this is your dressing).
6. Divide the salad into bowls and enjoy.