Grilled Chicken Bruschetta
Prep Time: 20 minutes, Cooking Time: 10 minutes
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness (1 inch or less)
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (OR ¼ teaspoon each dried basil, dried oregano, and dried thyme)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
4 slices mozzarella cheese
tomato basil topping
3 roma tomatoes, diced
salt and pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
1. In a large bowl combine chicken, oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper. Stir to combine and coat chicken evenly with the seasonings.
2. Grill chicken over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
3. While chicken is cooking, prepare the topping. In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, salt and pepper, lemon juice, and basil and stir well.
4. Once chicken is cooked through, top each chicken breast with a slice of mozzarella cheese and cook for about 1 minute longer until cheese is melty.
5. Top chicken with tomato basil topping and serve immediately.
A fabulous light meal that will keep you healthy. Grilled Chicken Bruschetta that melts in your mouth. Light a chicken parma but without the calories.