Smokey Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Prep Time: 20 minutes, Cooking Time: 30 minutes, Serves: 2-4 people
2 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 lbs.)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp smoked paprika
⅛ tsp garlic powder
⅛ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
¼ tsp salt
Freshly cracked pepper (10-15 cranks of a pepper mill)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Wash and peel the sweet potatoes, then cut them into ⅛-inch thick slices.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper.
3. Place the sweet potato slices in a large bowl and drizzle the olive oil over top. Sprinkle the spice mix over the sweet potatoes, then toss until the potatoes are evenly coated in oil and spices.
4. Arrange the seasoned sweet potato slices in a casserole dish, stacked in a row like a deck of cards. They don’t have to be perfect.
5. Cover the dish with foil and roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and let cook for an additional 15 minutes. Test the sweet potatoes with a fork for doneness. If they’re still firm, allow them to roast for an additional 10-15 minutes.
If they become too brown during that time, simply cover the dish with foil to prevent further browning.
A delicious meal that will keep you enjoying the finer things in life. Enjoy..